As the Senior Infrastructure Engineer for Informal, you will have the opportunity to continue expanding our hybrid (AWS / on-prem) container orchestration infrastructure as we become one of the premier infrastructure providers for the Web 3.0 ecosystem.
We are looking for 5+ years experience with cloud and observability tools and also a few years of experience with containerization services. We are looking for 5+ years experience with cloud and observability tools and also a few years of experience with containerization services. Total compensation includes a competitive salary, crypto, profit sharing and stock options.
What your responsibilities include:
The infrastructure stack
- Work on the architecture of Hashicorp Nomad / Consul / Vault and Terraform
- Maintain our hybrid infrastructure using Ansible
- Maintain our small set of Cisco security appliances
- Work on the architecture of our DoS attack prevention (eg. Cloudflare)
- Establish on-call procedures and eventually participate in the rotation
- Maintain and expand metrics collection and analysis in Zabbix
- Architect and implement centralized logging collection and analysis
Node and relayer software
- Learn how to set up and join blockchain testnets
- Automate building docker images with custom built binaries
- Config management using Consul templates and git
Cephalopod Equipment Corp is providing infrastructure services to blockchain networks. A percentage of our profit is used to support ocean research and sustainability efforts.
Informal is a remote-first company with offices in Toronto, Lausanne, Vienna and Berlin. We are structured like a worker’s cooperative, where important corporate actions are subject to one-person-one-vote democratic control by the member-employees. We envision a sustainable future of cooperatively owned and governed, open-source, distributed organizations running on reliable distributed systems and are excited to grow the team with amazing individuals who believe in making this future a reality. Some of our benefits include:
- A unique, caring and friendly culture (learn more about how we work here)
- Be part of an exciting new type of organization built on Cooperative principles (learn more here)
- 25 working days of paid vacation annually, plus unlimited Sick leave and 3 Spiritual days
- Company-wide closure from December 25th to January 1, annually
- Annual Lifestyle benefits (reimbursements for gym memberships, fitness equipment, yoga classes, etc.)
- Annual travel budget for educational and career-advancement opportunities
- A remote-first, flexible work environment with global Hub offices to visit
- A home-office stipend to set you up for success
- Annual company retreats
- Paid parental leave
- ...and many more!
Please apply via this link where you’ll be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and other information that will help the review process go smoothly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage applications from people of all race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.