Informal is a core contributor to Cosmos, where we develop interoperable blockchain systems by heavily relying on formal verification tools and techniques (formal specification in TLA+, symbolic model checker Apalache, Model Based Testing Framework, etc).
The Cosmos technology stack, including Tendermint Core, the Cosmos-SDK, IBC, and the Cosmos Proof of Stake modules, is an industry leading Go toolkit for building, deploying, and running community owned decentralized networks. This technology is used today to secure many billions of dollars in cryptocurrency market capitalization.
- Work with the product teams to improve APIs for blockchain queries and transactions
- Work with the operations team to automate cryptocurrency transactions and bookkeeping
- Work with the engineering teams to improve automation across the development process
- Work with the application teams to facilitate high-coverage testing of Cosmos blockchain applications
- Work with the research team to bridge the gap between formal verification of the protocols and quality of the codebase
- Work with the validator team to improve the reliability of our production operations
- Participate in design and development processes across the stack
- Improve the user experience and code-quality of the software.
- Contribute clean, well tested, and well documented code.
- Review issues and pull requests and provide valuable feedback to contributors.
- Mentor other engineers and support the growth and health of the team.
- Guard the quality of the software from technical debt, missing tests or documentation, and feature creep.
- Nurture a safe and enjoyable open source experience for contributors.
- At least 3 years developing, releasing, and maintaining production software.
- Significant experience writing Go.
- Commitment to product quality and user experience.
- A track record of designing maintainable APIs that are a delight to use.
- A track record of reliably automating processes.
- Experience with open source projects and communities.
- Some familiarity with blockchain systems is a plus.
- The ability to take ownership and see initiatives through.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with distributed teams, and enjoys working with and mentoring others.
Informal is a remote-first company with offices in Toronto, Lausanne, Vienna and Berlin. We are structured like a worker’s cooperative, where important corporate actions are subject to one-person-one-vote democratic control by the member-employees. We provide 5-weeks of paid vacation, lifestyle benefits, and annual retreats with the whole team. We envision a sustainable future of cooperatively owned and governed, open-source, distributed organizations running on reliable distributed systems and are excited to grow the team with amazing individuals who believe in making this future a reality.
Please apply via this link where you’ll be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and other information that will help the review process go smoothly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage applications from people of all race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.