The Cosmos Ecosystem is a complex, multi-billion dollar decentralized web of software, networks, and organizations on the frontier of secure distributed systems infrastructure and applications. Informal Systems is a core contributor to Cosmos, where we specialize in the security of interoperable blockchain systems by relying heavily on formal verification tools and techniques.
The Cosmos technology stack, including Tendermint Core, the Cosmos-SDK, IBC, and the Cosmos Proof of Stake modules, is an industry leading Go toolkit for building, deploying, and running blockchains. This technology is used today to secure many billions of dollars in cryptocurrency market capitalization.
However, many of these components were designed in 2016, back when the Cosmos vision of an “Internet of Sovereign, Interoperable Blockchains” was but a dream. Today, it is rapidly becoming a reality, and with it, a new set of requirements and tremendous learnings about the technology stack necessary for the next 5 years. We are building this stack in Rust, including many of the key components of the Cosmos ecosystem, but designed more natively for a multi-chain reality. This includes Hermes, the leading IBC relayer for communication between blockchains, as well as a new multi-chain consensus node based on Tendermint and a new framework for developing secure and verifiable applications in Rust.
The Senior UX/UI Developer will collaborate with different members across teams, including but not limited to a graphic designer, a marketing manager as well as development and infrastructure teams to build out core services and products at Informal.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Learn and adapt to the Cosmos blockchain ecosystem
- Develop new user facing products and features
- Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Work with Back End Developers to improve usability
- Develop the standards of codes and libraries such that they are easily traceable in future
- Validate input before submitting to back end
- Define how the application looks and how it works
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
What we look for in a successful Senior UI/UX Developer:
- Good understanding of SEO
- Proficient in code visioning tools
- Knowledge of image authoring tools
- Proficient understanding of web markup and related technologies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team: we appreciate independent ideas for new software and technologies and the Developer will collaborate with different members across teams, including but not limited to a graphic designer, a marketing manager as well as development and infrastructure teams.
Informal is a remote-first company with offices in Toronto, Lausanne, Vienna and Berlin. We are structured like a worker’s cooperative, where important corporate actions are subject to one-person-one-vote democratic control by the member-employees. We provide 5-weeks of paid vacation, lifestyle benefits, and annual retreats with the whole team. We envision a sustainable future of cooperatively owned and governed, open-source, distributed organizations running on reliable distributed systems and are excited to grow the team with amazing individuals who believe in making this future a reality.
Please apply via this link where you’ll be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and other information that will help the review process go smoothly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage applications from people of all race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.