Informal is a core contributor to Cosmos, where we develop interoperable blockchain systems by heavily relying on formal verification tools and techniques (formal specification in TLA+, symbolic model checker Apalache, Model Based Testing Framework, etc).
The Cosmos technology stack, including Tendermint Core, the Cosmos-SDK, IBC, and the Cosmos Proof of Stake modules, is an industry leading Go toolkit for building, deploying, and running blockchains. This technology is used today to secure many billions of dollars in cryptocurrency market capitalization.
However, many of these components were designed in 2016, back when the Cosmos vision of an “Internet of Sovereign, Interoperable Blockchains” was but a dream. Today, it is rapidly becoming a reality, and with it, a new set of requirements and tremendous learnings about the technology stack necessary for the next 5 years. We are building this stack in Rust, including many of the key components of the Cosmos ecosystem, but designed more natively for a multi-chain reality. This includes Hermes, the leading IBC relayer for communication between blockchains, as well as a new multi-chain consensus node based on Tendermint and a new framework for developing secure and verifiable applications in Rust.
The Technical Support Specialist will oversee and maintain computer hardware and software systems in a remote-first environment for our team members located around the world. Role will work with two organizations, Informal Systems and Interchain Berlin to take ownership of complex technical issues and work directly with internal and cross-functional team members to create solutions.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns
- Oversee company-wide tools and infrastructure (eg. G-Suite, Digital Ocean, Slack, Github etc)
- Assist in onboarding new hires, including the management of hardware purchases and granting role-based access
- Assist in onboarding/offboarding users
- Manage the hardware refresh program
- Raise awareness of security standards and help employees follow company security policies
- Review company accounts and access regularly
- Update, manage and troubleshoot technical issues, including management of licenses, software subscriptions and device upgrades
- Create technical documentation for the internal teams and end users
- Support developer tools when needed
What we look for in a successful Technical Support Specialist:
- Significant experience working in a direct technical support role (software / hardware), or an IT Help Desk role
- General knowledge of Enterprise Security practices.
- Demonstrated experience with MacOS and Linux based operating systems.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and adapt quickly to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a full remote and globally distributed team environment
Informal is a remote-first company with offices in Toronto, Lausanne, Vienna and Berlin. We are structured like a worker’s cooperative, where important corporate actions are subject to one-person-one-vote democratic control by the member-employees. We provide 5-weeks of paid vacation, lifestyle benefits, and annual retreats with the whole team. We envision a sustainable future of cooperatively owned and governed, open-source, distributed organizations running on reliable distributed systems and are excited to grow the team with amazing individuals who believe in making this future a reality.
Please apply via this link where you’ll be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and other information that will help the review process go smoothly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage applications from people of all race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.