We are an international, diverse, remote-first (but not remote-only) team with offices in Toronto, Vienna, Lausanne and Berlin. As an Administrative Assistant you will work with the operations team to effectively scale company policies and procedures.
If you are driven by new challenges, knowledgable about office management best practices, and looking for growth opportunities in a quickly evolving industry, Informal Systems is the place to be!
What your primary responsibilities will be:
- Assist Talent & People Operations with scheduling and interview management for new candidates.
- Assist Talent & People Operations with HR matters including new employee onboarding.
- Assist Team Leads and Hiring Managers on tracking relevant KPIs
- Support Operations team with general company procedures including Handbook reviews, establishing best practices, operational checklists, etc.
- Take detailed meeting notes and set agendas with team members, as needed.
- Respond to inbound requests through email, as needed.
- Assist Finance with expense review and other financial management tasks.
- Schedule meetings and organize team building sessions, as required.
- Plan retreats, assist with conference logistics and travel.
- Office management.
- Promptly answer questions of team members and other stakeholders.
What we look for in a successful Administrative Assistant:
- Experience in a business work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- An eye for attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
Informal is a remote-first company with offices in Toronto, Lausanne, Vienna and Berlin. We are structured like a worker’s cooperative, where important corporate actions are subject to one-person-one-vote democratic control by the member-employees. We provide 5-weeks of paid vacation, lifestyle benefits, and annual retreats with the whole team. We envision a sustainable future of cooperatively owned and governed, open-source, distributed organizations running on reliable distributed systems and are excited to grow the team with amazing individuals who believe in making this future a reality.
Please apply via this this Google form where you’ll be prompted to upload a cover letter, CV, and other information that will help the review process go smoothly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and encourage applications from people of all race, religion, colour, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.